The Adventures of Skyler and Miranda Hansen

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sydney's First Birthday

Let's just say that Sydney's 1st birthday did not turn out like I thought to would, I guess that was my first lesson that nothing with kids turn out as perfect as you envision it.  Firstly, I am too self critical. I wanted to make her cake and Skyler even got me cake decorating stuff for Christmas a while ago and I was sure I could make something that I would love. NO WAY!! Still looking at her cake pictures make me crazy. Also decorating a cake with a crying one year old at your feet isn't very fun either. Next time I will have to try it while she is napping or out with Skyler.


Next Sydney's birthday was on a Tuesday, which means a work day for me and an early morning for Sydney. We had to leave our house at 6 AM to get her to Grandma Kofoed's by 6:30 so I could be to work by 6:40. So by the time we got home, decorated the cake, waited for dad to get home, and had dinner it was close to 7 PM...and Sydney was tired. Also to make matter's worse, even though Sydney knows and understands hot and how to blow on things she decided to reach out and touch her candle.

That picture is Skyler's favorite.

She liked the cake but never really got happy again until the next morning. Because of the move I still don't have a picture of all of her gifts but she did get some fun things.
Happy Birthday Sydney!!






No comments:

Post a Comment